- The Brussels UkraineLab 2017: a step forward in international cooperation for the sake of Ukraine’s democratic transformation
The Brussels UkraineLab 2017: Fair of project ideas in Support of Reforms in Ukraine took place on the 22nd February 2017 and was organised by the Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels (the Office) with the support of the European Endowment for Democracy, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, the Mission of Canada to the EU and the International Renaissance Foundation. 19 leading Ukrainian think tanks presented Ukraine in many dimensions such as economic development, state building reforms and foreign policy, and shared their expertise with the audience, composed of nearly 100 representatives from the EU and Ukrainian Governmental Institutions, Think Tanks, Business Associations, Consultancies, Academia, Foundations and Media. Continue reading →
- Statement of the Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels related to the article of V. Filipchuk “Bargaining chip or battlefield: what will happen to Ukraine in 2017. Nine steps to resolve the conflict with Russia”
On the 3rd of January 2017 in Ukrainian Internet edition “Apostrof”, owned by the International Centre for Policy Study (further “ICPS”), was published an article “Bargaining chip or battlefield: what will happen to Ukraine in 2017. Nine steps to resolve the conflict with Russia” authored by the Chairman of the ICPS Board, Vasyl Filipchuk.
ICPS is a member of the Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels (further “Office”), an organisation established to promote inter alia European integration of Ukraine.
- Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels entered Global Go To Think Tank Index 2016
Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels has been ranked as one of the top think tank networks in the world (79th place), according to the University of Pennsylvania Global Go To Think Tank Index Report for 2016.
The Global Go To Think Tank Index 2016 is the result of an international survey of over 4 750 scholars, public and private donors, policy makers, and journalists who helped rank more than 6 846 think tanks. The Index includes various categories such as Top Think Tanks in the World, Top Think Tanks by Region, Top Think Tanks by Area of Research and Top Think Tanks by Special Achievements.
|See all||Subscribe to our mailing list|
- Two Pro-European Civil Society Platforms in Ukraine: The Year in Review
2016 has become a changing year for the two Ukrainian civil society platforms which specifically focus on European integration reforms: the Ukrainian Side of the EU-Ukraine Civil Society Platform (UA CSP) and the Ukrainian National Platform of the Eastern Partnership Forum (UNP).
- Maritime, Mediterranean and Migration: Goals of the Upcoming Maltese EU Presidency
On the 7th December 2016, the Hanns Seidel Foundation and the Wilfried Centre for European Studies jointly organised a conference on “The European Agenda under the Maltese EU Presidency”. Policy experts and Malta representatives shared their insights on the priorities and challenges of the upcoming Maltese Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
- Views of Ukrainians three years after the Euromaidan
On the 6th of December 2016, Iryna Bekeshkina, Director of Ilko Kucheriv Democratic Initiative Foundation was invited by the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) to present the main findings of her recent study: “Ukraine three years after Maidan: the main trends and political development”. Continue reading →
- 22.03.2017. Ukraine’s energy sector: achievements, missed opportunities and strategic objectives. Razumkov Centre
- 21.03.2017. Ukraine’s Foreign Policy and the Role of the West. DIF
- 17.03.2017. The Big Discussion: Moratorium on Sale of Agricultural Land. VoxUkraine
- 16.03.2017. Transparency of regional budgets. ICPS
- 15.03.2017. Free Trade Agreement between Canada and Ukraine – a symbolic victory. IER
- 14.03.2017. Propaganda: deepening the gap in mutual understanding. Monitoring of the Media of EaP Countries and Russia. Internews-Ukraine
- 21.03.2017. Minsk “agreements” of civil societies. UCIPR
- 14.03.2017. Guest lecture of V. Dubovyk in the University of Oklahoma in Norman. CIS
- 14.03.2017. Discussion of the energy sector reform in Ukraine. Dixi Group
- 08.03.2017. Conference “Improving legislation on liability for electoral crimes”. OPORA
Upcoming Office’s Events
Calendar on Ukraine in EU