ІХ International conference “Ukraine’s Security Sector Reform: Achievements, Lessons and Future Plans”
On 10-11 October 2017, the Razumkov Centre hold the ІХ International conference “Ukraine’s Security Sector Reform: Achievements, Lessons and Future Plans”.
The aim of the conference is to evaluate the achieved results of the security sector reform, to reconcile them with the strategic goals that were declared three years ago, to identify the most problematic aspects and to suggest possible solutions.
Speakers and participants of the conference:
- Philipp Fluri, Deputy Director of DCAF;
- Oleksandr Lytvynenko, Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine;
- Jaap Frederiks, Charge d’Affaires, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands;
- Barbora Maronkova, Director of the NATO Information and Documentation Center in Ukraine;
- Victor Musiyaka, Scientific consultant for legal affairs of Razumkov Centre;
- Kęstutis Lančinskas, Head of the European Union Advisory Mission Ukraine;
- Artem Bidenko, State Secretary of the Ministry of Information Policy of Ukraine;
- Representatives of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, profile ministries.
The majority of speakers noted that the process of reforms in the Ukrainian sector of security and defense continues successfully, the recommendations are useful, but they need to be implemented. Speakers also emphasized the importance of strengthening parliamentary and public control over the reforms in the security and defense sector.