Mission and Flagship activities
Opening Ukraine to Europe
The Mission of the Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office is to communicate internationally the knowledge and opinion of the Ukrainian expert community. It provides a non-partisan platform to deal with EU-Ukraine critical issues and is establishing a network of researchers and policy-makers across Europe in order to achieve a lasting impact on Ukraine’s democratic development and European integration. We envisage Ukraine as a reformed country and a member of the EU, and we endeavor to achieve this goal.
As a nonpartisan organisation, the Office operates independently. Pluralism of thoughts, impartiality, and European democratic principles are our core values.
The Office Strategy stipulates its mission, values, and principles.
To pursue its mission through advocacy, communication, and partnership building activities, the Office:
- Organises meetings, round-table discussions and conferences on various Ukraine-related issues in Brussels and other EU capitals;
- Establishes communication channels between the Office members and EU institutions through regular close-doors consultations;
- Presents and promotes publications and analyses of its members in the EU;
- Organises advocacy campaigns in EU member states;
- Develops partnerships between members of the Office and EU think tanks;
- Facilitates the development of joint policy and research-related projects;
- Informs members and the wider public about the Ukrainian discourse in the EU;
- Facilitates to the members’ access to EU and international funding opportunities.
The Office is our “embassy” in Brussels and we are happy to use this platform. Today, when there is incredible demand for reform, when new possibilities, including for think tanks are opening up, it is important to have a dialogue between Ukrainian and European counterparts. This can be called a kind of European integration on a public, expert level.
Anton Antonenko, Vice President of the Dixi Group