Disinformation against Ukraine and the EU in Times of the COVID-19 Pandemic
On 19 May, the Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels, in cooperation with the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom, is organising an online webinar “Disinformation against Ukraine and the EU in Times of the COVID-19 Pandemic”.
While the COVID-19 reality has brought new challenges to all aspects of our lives, its impact on the information sector has also been substantial. It not only triggered new threats but also gave life to new forms of interference and disinformation. Being at the frontline of information wars, the EU and Ukraine took a special hit from these new realities. How are the EU and Ukraine countering interference and disinformation? How can they create synergies to maximise their efforts in this fight? These and other questions will be discussed during our upcoming webinar.
Speakers & Panelists:
- Jurgis Vilcinskas, Strategic Communications Division, European External Action Service
- Volodymyr Yermolenko, Internews Ukraine
- Tanel Tang, Support Group for Ukraine, European Commission
- Veronika Víchová, European Values Center for Security Policy
- Nadiia Romanenko, TEXTY.ORG.UA
- Thomas Ilka, Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom
- Olena Carbou, Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels
Date: 19 May 2020
Time: 14:30-15:30 CET
We kindly ask you to register in English by 18 May 2020.
You will receive the Zoom link the day and 1 hour prior to the event.
Please connect to the event 5 minutes prior (14:25) to allow time for technical assistance and troubleshooting.
Video will be taken during the event. It may be processed and used by the organisers. By registering for this event, you are granting us the right to do so.
The live stream of the event will be also available on the UTTLOB Facebook page.
This event is organised with the support of the European Union.