Donbas Today and Tomorrow: Local, National and International Perspectives
The Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels together with the European Endowment for Democracy and in cooperation with United Nations Ukraine are organising a conference to present the views of Ukrainian people on the present and the future of Donbas. Furthermore, the work of the EU, UN and international community on human security, recovery and building a foundation for a lasting peace will be discussed. At the same time, the event is a unique opportunity to hear voices from Donbas on people’s needs and the future reconciliation process.
Date: 6 December 2018
Time: 09:30 – 11:30
Deadline for registration: 5 December 2018
Venue: European Endowment for Democracy (EED), Rue de la Loi 34, 1040-Brussels
- H.E. Roman Waschuk, Ambassador of Canada to Ukraine
- Peter Wagner, Head of the Support Group for Ukraine, European Commission
- Iryna Bekeshkina, Director, Ilko Kucheriv Democratic Initiatives Foundation, Kyiv
- Stan Veitsman, UN Peace & Development Advisor, Office of the UN Resident Coordinator in Ukraine, Kyiv
- Anastasiia Shybiko, Director, Free Radio, Bakhmut.
- Olena Carbou, Executive Director of Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels.