Opportunities for Ukrainian Think Tanks, Research Institutions, Researchers, Students, and Experts
On this page, we gathered:
- Opportunities for researchers and experts in Ukraine and the EU;
- Opportunities for institutional support for research institutions and think tanks in Ukraine;
- Opportunities for institutional cooperation between research and analytical institutions of Ukraine and the EU;
- Overarching websites with consolidated information.
1. Opportunities for researchers and experts in Ukraine
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine – for all academic mobility queries.
2. Opportunities for researchers and experts in the EU
- EURAXESS / ERA for Ukraine – a network spread across more than 600 organisations, in 42 European countries. It is dedicated to improving the life of researchers, with a special focus on international mobility and career development issues.
- European Research Council – an encouragement of the highest quality research in Europe through competitive funding and support for the investigator-driven frontier research across all fields, on the basis of scientific excellence.
- ALLEA, the European Federation of Academies of Sciences and Humanities – the European scientific community is mobilising fast to support Ukrainian students and researchers who have been forced to flee their country due to the Russian Government’s military invasion (mostly natural sciences).
- Aarhus University Research Fellowships, Denmark – Aarhus University Research Foundation has donated funding to research fellowships for researchers affected by the war in Ukraine (all disciplines, deadline: 20 April).
- Austrian Academy of Sciences – the Austrian Academy of Sciences is offering an emergency call for applications from Ukrainian researchers as part of its academic mobility programme “Joint Excellence in Science and Humanities” (JESH).
- Marius Jakulis Jason Foundation – MJJ foundation establishes the funds to support the Ph.D. students, Postdoc researchers and scientists from Ukraine who are looking for safe relocation opportunities in Lithuania until it is safe to return and strengthen their country.
- PAUSE, Collège de France – in response to the urgent situation of the scientific and cultural communities affected by the war in Ukraine, the PAUSE program is launching two special funds PAUSE.
- Philipp Schwartz Initiative by Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung/Foundation – the Philipp Schwartz Initiative enables universities and research institutions in Germany to host researchers at risk on the basis of a full fellowship.
- Ukraine Emergency Fellowship, University of Haifa – is offering one one-year fellowship in residence at the Haifa Center for German and European Studies for one scientist from Ukraine with a background in the Humanities, social sciences, or law (with a doctorate).
- Austrian Science Fund (FWF) – the purpose of the FWF is to support the ongoing development of science and basic research at a high international level.
- Institute IRSA – Inštitut za razvojne in strateške analize – open doctoral and postdoctoral research positions in social sciences and sociology.
- UCL Academic Sanctuary Fellowship Scheme – UCL established the Academic Sanctuary Fellowship Scheme for academics fleeing warzones as part of a new joint funding stream with longstanding partner Cara (the Council for At-Risk Academics).
- Slovak Academy of Sciences – the SAS sensitively perceives the events happening in Ukraine and offers a helping hand to Ukrainian researchers and doctoral students.
- Researchers at Risk Fellowships Programme, The British Academy & Council for At-Risk Academics (CARA) – the British Academy with Cara (the Council for At-Risk Academics) is establishing a Researchers at Risk Fellowships Programme with the support of the Academy of Medical Sciences, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Royal Society.
- Technische Universität München – for senior researchers and professors, there was established a Fellowship program to provide scholarships for initial six-month research stay at TUM.
- Luxembourg Institute of Health – the Luxembourg Institute of Health has 6 positions for scientists from Ukraine in the fields of data science, AI, and machine learning.
- Institute of International Education’s Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) – the only global program that arranges, funds, and supports fellowships for threatened and displaced scholars at partnering higher education institutions worldwide.
- Research Manager – under the management of the Country Coordinator, the Research Manager oversees the research programs in PSH. The Research Manager leads the IMPACT team to achieve program excellence and ensure the highest level of impact and accountability while ensuring compliance to IMPACT’s guidelines and standards.
3. Opportunities for institutional support for research institutions and think tanks in Ukraine
- European Policy Centre & King Baudouin Foundation – Two fellowships to support researchers and staff of Ukrainian think tanks and to enable them to continue their activities abroad.
4. Opportunities for institutional cooperation between research and analytical institutions of Ukraine and the EU
- Research Council of Lithuania – Opportunities for up to 100 researchers to continue their research activities in Lithuania.
5. Overarching websites with consolidated information
- European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) – List of opportunities for life scientists across Europe and beyond offering to host Ukrainian researchers in their labs.
- #Science for Ukraine – Opportunities at university, national, and international level for graduate students and researchers directly affiliated to an academic institution in Ukraine.
- Support Academics at Risk – List of opportunities for researchers and scientists across Europe and beyond.
- Polish Academy of Sciences – List of funding opportunities in Poland and abroad.
- Labs supporting Ukrainian scientists – List of labs and funding opportunities with contact details of researchers.
- Support for Ukraine: Science and Education – List of institutions and support opportunities with detailed information.