(Paid) Volunteer Opportunity
The Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels (UTTLOB or Office) is a non-profit organisation whose unique mission is to ensure the democratic transition of Ukraine by accelerating reforms and advancing the European integration of the country. It represents and unites 20 think tanks that focus on a wide array of EU–Ukraine critical issues, provide high-quality research and policy recommendations as well as influence, monitor, and evaluate the policies of Ukrainian authorities.
The Office is looking for a motivated volunteer with good knowledge and understanding of the EU affairs and EU–Ukraine relations and experience in event management.
Applicants must be eligible to live in Belgium for the volunteering period.
The candidate should be acquainted with activities of the Office and able to demonstrate his/her experience and knowledge in undertaking the following types of activities.
Activities include the following:
- Assisting in organising events and experts’ visits to Brussels
- Assistance in drafting reports and project applications
- Reporting on Ukraine-related events in Brussels
- Updating the databases
- Developing communication materials
- Assistance in other everyday activities of the Office.
- Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree;
- Relevant professional experience in event management;
- Professional level of English; Ukrainian language is an asset;
- Experience of work with Excel, Word and MailChimp programmes;
- Ability to work both independently and with colleagues, integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential matters;
- Experience in creating and editing videos would be appreciated.
Volunteering period is from September 2019 to March 2020.
The reimbursement of expenses is provided.
To apply, please send your CV (max 2 pages) and a Cover letter (max 1 page) until 6 September 2019 to Dr. Olena Carbou, Executive Director of the Office to the following address: email@example.com
Early application is encouraged.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. Written assignment for the pre-selected candidates is envisaged. The selection process and personal interviews will be held in September. The starting date is in September 2019.