Public Monitoring of Certain Aspects of Customs Operation 2021: Analytical Report
In 2021, the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER) and four partner – NGOs, selected by open competition, hold public monitoring on customs aimed at certain evaluation aspects and improvement recommendations.
Different approaches of the parties involved (business, professional association representatives, customs brokers, and experts) are taken into consideration.
Overall, 117 respondents took part by representing Vinnytsia, Volyn, Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Rivne, Chernigiv region, and the city of Kyiv.
The Public Monitoring 2021 analysed the assessments and expectations of parties involved according to the following issues:
- innovations at the customs: New Computerised Transit System (NCTS), the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO);
- new digital customs products: the portal Single Window for International Trade and the Personal account of the user on this portal, the Business Intelligence analytical module, and others;
- the state of border infrastructure and service at the customs;
- level of corruption at the customs and influence of law enforcement agencies on the customs work;
- Customs reforms and its expectations.