Russian War Against Ukraine: Energy Dimension (Status as of April 20)
DiXi Group has prepared its next alert on the energy dimension of the Russian war against Ukraine.
- Energoatom plans to substitute Russian nuclear fuel with Westinghouse fuel. Also, in 3-4 years, it is planned to launch a production line of fuel assemblies using Westinghouse technology in Ukraine.
- Direct telephone communication between the State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate of Ukraine and the Chornobyl NPP site, lost on March 10, has been restored.
- A number of acting intergovernmental agreements between Ukraine and Russia in the field of nuclear energy, which need to be denounced as soon as possible, could be used by Russia to justify its actions at Ukraine’s nuclear facilities.
- App. 760,200 consumers remained without electricity supply and over 244,000 consumers without gas.
- The NEURC has expanded the list of information, which its licensees should restrict open access to. The Regulator also started revoking licenses of energy companies controlled by Russian residents.