Russian War Against Ukraine: Energy Dimension (Status as of May 1)
DiXi Group has prepared its next alert on the energy dimension of the Russian war against Ukraine.
- The volume of pollutants emitted into the atmosphere during hostilities in Ukraine can already be equated to the emissions of one metallurgical enterprise for the entire year – the Minister of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources Ruslan Strilets.
- Almost 709,500 consumers did not have access to electricity supply, over 210,000 consumers did not have gas supply.
- In the night, the Russian occupiers disconnected communications and the Internet in the occupied Kherson and partially Zaporizhzhia regions.
- A 330 kV power transmission line was put into operation to ensure a reliable power supply scheme in the Chornobyl NPP Exclusion Zone.
- First part of the questionnaire to assess Ukraine’s compliance with the candidate status has already been reviewed by the European Commission and highly appreciated. By the end of next week, Ukraine will submit the second part – the Vice PM for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration Olga Stefanishyna.
- The government reappointed Yurii Vitrenko as the CEO of Naftogaz for another year.