Russian War Against Ukraine: Energy Dimension (Status as of May 14)
DiXi Group has prepared its next alert on the energy dimension of the Russian war against Ukraine.
- App. 814,100 consumers did not have electricity supply, and over 233,000 consumers did not have gas supply in Ukraine.
- Energoatom prepared an appeal to the IAEA on convening a meeting of the Board of Governors to discuss threats to nuclear and radiation safety in Ukraine and to make constructive decisions for solving the situation.
- It is planned to restore power lines to Poland to export electricity from the Khmelnytskyi NPP.
- The total volume of electricity trading on the day-ahead market (as of May 14) continued to rapidly decrease – to 9,268.4 MWh, representing a historical minimum for the whole period of the DAM operation since July 1, 2019.
- The government tries to solve the problem of fuel deficit. In particular, negotiations with the European suppliers were held, and it was expected to import 350-360,000 tonnes by new logistical routes in May. One of the checkpoints at the state border will start working for fuel imports only.