Russian War Against Ukraine: Energy Dimension (Status as of May 18)
DiXi Group has prepared its next alert on the energy dimension of the Russian war against Ukraine.
- App. 633,500 consumers all over Ukraine did not have electricity supply, 196,000 consumers remained without gas supply.
- Russian troops deliberately destroy Ukrainian nature, intentionally setting forests on fire and prohibiting rescuers and residents to extinguish them on the occupied territories.
- Forest fires intensified close to and directly in the Exclusion Zone, and firefighting was complicated by strong winds and lack of special equipment as much was stolen during the occupation. The radiation background remained within the standards.
- The Kharkiv CHP-5 resumed electricity production, increasing the resilience in the northern subsystem of Ukraine’s Integrated Power System. It can also provide auxiliary services (frequency control and active power reserve).
- The government temporarily suspended price regulation for motor fuels, so that operators can provide the market with the necessary supply volumes. According to the government’s expectations, the maximum retail prices for diesel fuel shall not exceed 58 UAH/liter, and the prices for petroleum will not exceed 52 UAH/liter. According to the Minister of Economy Yulia Svyrydenko, as soon as fuel traders start abusing their position, sanctions will be applied to them.