Russian War Against Ukraine: Energy Dimension (Status as of May 21)
DiXi Group has prepared its next alert on the energy dimension of the Russian war against Ukraine.
- App. 635,800 consumers all over Ukraine did not have electricity supply, and over 161,000 consumers remained without gas supply.
- The Acting Head of the State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate of Ukraine Oleh Korikov and the Chairman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Christopher Hanson agreed about sharing the experience in licensing advanced nuclear technologies (projects of АР1000 units and small modular reactors). The parties also discussed the refusal of Russian nuclear fuel for the VVER-440 type reactors in Ukraine.
- According to the current estimates, 5-10 years are needed to demine Ukraine’s territory. As of May 21, the State Emergency Service crews managed to neutralise 115,268 explosive items.
- According to President Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine offered to sign a multilateral agreement with partner countries to create a mechanism for confiscating Russian assets which would be transferred to a special fund for paying compensation to Ukrainians who suffered from war.
- Naftogaz will receive a 300 mln EUR loan from the EBRD to purchase gas.