Russian War Against Ukraine: Energy Dimension (Status as of May 24)
DiXi Group has prepared its next alert on the energy dimension of the Russian war against Ukraine.
- App. 635,700 consumers all over Ukraine did not have electricity supply, and over 161,000 consumers remained without gas supply.
- The main gas pipeline that supplied gas to the Donetsk and Luhansk regions was damaged, and supply to this part of the gas system was suspended. Reconstruction of the pipeline was impossible due to active hostilities, while alternative supply routes were not available due to the occupiers’ intervention in the operation of the gas system.
- According to the preliminary results of Ukrenergo auction on access to cross-border capacity for imports/exports of electricity in June 2022, access was granted to 7 companies in the directions of Poland and Moldova.
- The President Volodymyr Zelenskyi urged the participants of the World Economic Forum in Davos to impose an embargo on Russian oil, to block all Russian banks and the IT sector.
- Zelenskyi also signed the Law No. 2257-IX on confiscation of property of persons under sanctions. Assets, belonging to a natural person or a legal entity, as well as assets under direct or indirect disposal, can be subject to such a type of confiscation.