Russian War Against Ukraine: Energy Dimension (Status as of May 3)
DiXi Group has prepared its next alert on the energy dimension of the Russian war against Ukraine.
- Almost 680,400 consumers did not have access to electricity supply, over 206,500 consumers did not have gas supply.
- On May 1, over 80% of electricity in Ukraine was produced by carbon neutral generation (nuclear, RES, hydropower, and pumped-storage plants), according to Ukrenergo.
- Ukraine has a 2-year reserve of fresh nuclear fuel that would allow NPPs stably operate without additional supplies during this period – Energoatom.
- The day-ahead electricity market shows a clear trend of restoring the volumes of
trading and reduction in the excessive trade surplus.
- Ukraine calls on the EU to introduce the 6th sanction package against Russia that should necessarily include an embargo on Russian oil, disconnection of all Russian banks from SWIFT, and a ban on Russian channels broadcasting.
- The EU decision on whether or not to grant the membership perspective to Ukraine will be an important signal for the Kremlin – Minister of Foreign Affairs Dmytro Kuleba.