Russia’s War in Ukraine: The Military, Humanitarian, & Economic Situation
On 8 April 2022, the Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels and the European Policy Centre are organising the Policy Dialogue “Russia’s War in Ukraine: The Military, Humanitarian, & Economic Situation”.
Date: 8 April 2022.
Time: 10:00 – 11:o0 CEST.
Russia’s illegal and brutal war against Ukraine is now in its second month. With Moscow failing to achieve its military goals, it has implemented a war of attrition. Beyond indiscriminate bombing, including on civilian areas as well as hospitals and schools, deliberate, indescribable violence and cruelty are being carried out against Ukrainian civilians, including massacre and rape. This online discussion will take stock of the military, humanitarian and economic situation in the country and focus on what more Ukraine needs from its partners in the West, including the EU.
- Yaroslav Zhelezniak, Member of the Ukrainian Parliament (Verkhovna Rada)
- Hanna Shelest, Director for Security Programmes, Foreign Policy Council “Ukrainian Prism”
- Veronika Movchan, Research Director, Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting
- Olena Carbou, Executive Director, Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels
- Amanda Paul, Senior Policy Analyst, European Policy Centre (Moderator).
The event will be held in English.
The event will be streamed and recorded.