Ukraine Today: From 1 Year of Zelensky to Covid-19 to Upcoming Local Elections
On 15 July 2020, the Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels in cooperation with the European Endowment for Democracy and with the support of the International Renaissance Foundation is organising an online-webinar “Ukraine Today: From 1 year of Zelensky to Covid-19 to Upcoming Local Elections”.
This event will provide an overview of President Volodymyr Zelensky’s first year in office and will review current and upcoming challenges faced in the country.
The recent report of the Razumkov Centre on the Year of President Volodymyr Zelensky: Achievements and Failures will be presented during the event.
The participating experts will discuss the latest analysis on Ukraine’s development and will focus on the following areas of discussion:
- Analysis of the first year of the new government: what has been achieved? What have been the challenges? How has the ongoing war influenced the political dynamics in the country?
- Recent political developments at central government level and in the regions;
- Impact of the Covid-19 on the social and economic development of Ukraine;
- Achievements and challenges of judicial reform;
- The path towards local elections planned for October 2020.
- Svitlana Kobzar, Senior Programme Manager, European Endowment for Democracy
- Oleksandr Sushko, Executive Director, International Renaissance Foundation
- Olena Carbou, Executive Director, Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels
- Martin H. Mühleck, Policy Officer, European Commission, Support Group for Ukraine
Panelists and discussants:
- Viktor Zamiatin, Director of Political and Legal Programmes, Razumkov Centre
- Iryna Shyba, Executive Director, DEJURE Foundation
- Veronika Movchan, Academic Director, Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting
- Anton Avksentiev, Expert, Observatory of Democracy.
Date: 15 July 2020
Time: 14:30-16:00 CET
The event will be held in English. UA/ENG interpretation will be provided.
You will receive the Zoom link the day and 1 hour prior to the event.
Video will be taken during the event. It may be processed and used by the organisers. By registering to this event, you are granting us the rights to do so.
The live stream of the event will be also available on the UTTLOB Facebook page.
The Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels (UTTLOB) is a non-profit organisation that unites leading Ukrainian think tanks, whose unique mission is to ensure democratic transition of Ukraine by accelerating reforms and advancing its European integration.
The European Endowment for Democracy (EED) is an independent, grant-making organisation, established in 2013 by the European Union (EU) and EU member states as an autonomous International Trust Fund to foster democracy in the European Neighbourhood (Eastern Partnership – EaP – and Middle East and North Africa – MENA), the Western Balkans, Turkey and beyond.
The International Renaissance Foundation (IRF) was founded by the philanthropist George Soros in 1990. It is one of the largest Ukrainian charitable foundations, and is part of the Open Society Foundations international network. The IRF’s mission is to develop an open society in Ukraine on the basis of democratic values.