The Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels is looking for a volunteer (remote).
The Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels (hereafter – the Office) is a non-profit organisation that unites leading Ukrainian think tanks, whose unique mission is to ensure the democratic transition of Ukraine by accelerating reforms and advancing its European integration.
The volunteer opportunity provides a possibility to get the first-hand experience in analysis, fundraising, project development, preparation, and implementation of different activities. Besides, it is an excellent opportunity to get your first experience of working in EU environment and learn about the work of Brussels-based NGOs, think tanks, and EU institutions.
Activities include the following:
- Regular monitoring of grant opportunities
- Writing grant applications
- Development of proposals for the activities and projects
- Preparation of reports and analytical inputs
- Support and update the databases
- Assisting in current activities of the Office.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in social sciences
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian language is an asset
- Experience and/or aptitude for analytical work, searching and processing information
- Experience of work with databases is desirable
- Knowledge of the basics of writing grant applications or desire to master this type of activity
- Understanding of basic principles of NGOs’ work and funding
- High level of self-organisation and respecting deadlines
- Proactive position.
Note: Ukrainian students, who have experience in studying abroad are encouraged to apply.
Conditions: Remote volunteering. Volunteering is unpaid. The term of volunteering is 6 months with the possibility of extension and payment upon successful completion of volunteering and raising necessary funding.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter (max 1 page) in English until 1 June 2021 to Olena Carbou, Executive Director of the Office, to the following address: [email protected]. Mark “Volunteer 2021” in the subject line. The selection process is on ongoing basis. Early applications are welcome. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. Selected candidates will be invited to complete a written assignment. Online interviews with the candidates will be held in June.